Rock Exotica Pirate WireEye Screw-Lock
The WireEye helps keep gear, lanyards and lines from moving past the end of the carabiner, but releases easily when lifted up. When the potential for dangerous leverage or cross-loading can occur, the WireEye helps keep the carabiner oriented correctly, and the gear where it belongs.
The WireEye series of carabiners combines the utility of a standard carabiner with the safety and capability of a lanyard pin, or captive eye. The WireEye holds gear, lanyards and lines with enough resistance to help prevent gear from moving past the end of the carabiner, but releases easily when lifted up. When the potential for dangerous leverage or cross-loading can occur, the WireEye helps keep the carabiner oriented correctly, and the gear where it belongs.
The WireEye is available on the Pirate and rockO frames in 3-stage auto-lock, and screw-lock on the Pirate frame.
- Releasable wire gate gives you quick access to capture and release lines or gear
- Takes the place of a fixed lanyard pin or captive-eye carabiner when a permanent hold is not needed
- Use as a standard carabiner with the added benefit of the wire restraint
- Features the same strength and quality characteristics as the non-WireEye carabiners
As an HMS, or pear-shaped carabiner, the Pirate easily accommodates the use of a wide range of gear, webbing or ropes – either as a belay biner at the harness, or as a connector in a system. The Pirate’s robust 0.5″ diameter round frame will endure abuse from dirty ropes and metal connectors far beyond stamped carabiners with thin edges. The Pirate’s durability matched with Rock Exotica’s build quality ensures an impressive service life for the working professional or recreational enthusiast.
- Wide top radius allows munter hitch belay, or the connection of multiple items
- Durable 0.5″ round-stock frame
- Snag-resistant keylock nose design
- Large and ergonomic angled gate opening
- Machined frame ensures tight tolerances and smooth operation